There are so many good restaurants in the area but below are a few that we personally recommend. However, remember it is personal taste and what some people like is different to others, click on the white links below for websites!
1. Fuengirola Estilo Campo Argentinean 952664789 The best place for steaks! Very friendly. No website but on Trip Advisor and Facebook.
2. Fuengirola The Wok Chinese/Thai 952666030 Buffet restaurant – Set price. All you can eat starters, meat, stir fries, deserts. Website 3. Fuengirola Moochers International 952477154 Jazz café. Live music every night (can be quite loud if sat inside at the front) Food is very good and you have to try a pancake! Savoury or sweet! Website
4. Los Boliches The Sandpiper English 600835893 Don’t be put off by its appearance. Food is excellent and very good value (on sea front) No website but on Trip Advisor
5. Los Boliches Primavera Italian 952476875 Great value for money – good for lunch or dinner – better outside than inside (on sea front). No website but on Trip Advisor
6. Fuengirola El Toston Spanish 952475632 The best place for tapas or a meal – near the bus station. Website
7. Mijas Pizzería La Paereta Italian 952590740 In the town square – lovely to eat outside in the summer and extremely good value. No website but on Trip Advisor
8. Mijas La Alcazaba Spanish 952590253 Fantastic, panoramic views, recommend to book a window table, or table with a view on the terrace (summer). Food traditionally Spanish and good value considering the position. There is also an Italian restaurant below this one that has equally good views and is very good.. Website
9. Fuengirola Barolo International 951260527 Excellent food. Nice attentive staff that all speak English. Medium priced. Website
10. Riviera El Oceano English/Int 952587550 Restaurant is part of a hotel. In summer you can have lunch or dinner on the boardwalk which is right on the waters edge. Or dinner inside looking over the sea. Live music most nights (quite mellow) Again a little more expensive but nice for a treat. Website
11. Puerto Banus Yanks American 952818861 American restaurant – good to visit on a Saturday after the market. Good food and portions and fantastic desserts! Website
12. Mijas – Fuengirola Rd Da Bruno Italian 952460724 Very nice food and often has entertainment – also quite close to us, also does take-away! Website
13. Mijas La Fiesta Spanish 9524857 Good local Spanish restaurant with very friendly staff – quite reasonably priced! Also do take away chicken and chips next door which is excellent. Just on the right as you enter the village so quite handy for a quick lunch or dinner. No website – on Trip Advisor
14. Mijas Aroma Cafe and Secret Garden 952590393 In the centre of the village – we have not personally eaten there but I have been to a wedding ceremony and it is a nice setting. We have also had the food recommended to us. No website but on Trip Advisor
15. Mijas El Valparaiso Mixed 952485996 This restaurant again is quite close to us – about 1km down the hill on the right. It has excellent reviews and great entertainment. We have only been once many years ago and found the food a bit bland but others we know think it is very good. It is quite expensive but you pay for the setting and entertainment. Website
16. Fuengirola Ku Damm German 952472864 This restaurant is in Fuengirola port and is very good. It has the best skewered Kebabs! Very reasonably priced too. No website – on Trip Advisor
17. Fuengirola Cafe Fresco English 635 86 37 91 This cafe is open during the day only and has a great selection of sandwiches, wraps, healthy salads, fresh juices, teas and coffees. The owners Steve and Sue are really friendly and helpful, well worth a visit for lunch. No Website - on Trip Advisor
Finally there are plenty more good restaurants – there are a few business cards left by other guests that have tried other places that are good. If you need any help with directions to any of these or other places please call Simon.