There are so many good restaurants in the area but below are a few that we personally recommend. However, remember it is personal taste and what some people like is different to others, click on the white links below for websites!
3. Fuengirola - Moochers (International) 952477154 Jazz café. Live music every night (can be quite loud if sat inside at the front) Food is very good and you have to try a pancake! Savoury or sweet! www.moochersjazzcafe.com
4. Los Boliches - The Sandpiper (International) 600835893 Don’t be put off by its appearance. Food is excellent and very good value (on sea front) No website but on Trip Advisor
5. Cavajal - Mia's Pizzorate (Italian) 952590740 Great value for money – good for lunch or dinner – high quality food (on sea front). wwww.miaspizzorante.com You can book on line
6. Mijas - Peccati Di Gola (Italian) 951467541 This restaurant is quite new to the pueblo but we have heard good things but haven’t tried it ourselves yet. You can book online. www.peccati-di-gola.com
7. Mijas - Pizzería La Paereta (Italian) 952590740 In the town square – lovely to eat outside in the summer and extremely good value No website but on Trip Advisor
8. Mijas - La Alcazaba (Spanish) 952590253 Fantastic, panoramic views, recommend to book a window table, or table with a view on the terrace (summer). Food traditionally Spanish and good value considering the position. There is also an Italian restaurant Called Oscars below this one that has equally good views and is very good.. www.restaurantelaalcazabamijas.com
9. Fuengirola - Nomads (International) 951514098 Castle end of the sea front. Excellent place for breakfast or lunch. Healthy fresh options. www.cafenomad.es
10. Riviera del Sol - El Oceano (International) 952587550 Restaurant is part of a hotel. In summer you can have lunch or dinner on the boardwalk which is right on the waters edge. Or dinner inside looking over the sea. Live music most nights (quite mellow) Again a little more expensive but nice for a treat. www.oceanohotel.com/oceano-restaurant
11. Puerto Banus - Yanks (American) 952818861 American restaurant – good to visit on a Saturday after the market. Good food and portions and fantastic desserts! www.cafeyanx.com
12. Mijas - La Fiesta (Spanish) 952485767 Good local Spanish restaurant with very friendly staff – quite reasonably priced! Also do take away chicken and chips next door which is excellent. Just on the right as you enter the village so quite handy for a quick lunch or dinner. No website – on Trip Advisor
14. Fuengirola - Ku Damm (German) 952472864 This restaurant is in Fuengirola port and is very good. It has the best skewered Kebabs! Very reasonably priced too.www.kudammberlin.com 15. Mijas - La Bodega Del Pintor (Spanish) 615672447 In the centre of the village - very friendly staff, food is very good. They occasionally have traditional Spanish musicians coming into the bar playing and singing. But if this isn’t your thing there are plenty of seats outside on the back terrace. No website but on Trip Advisor
Tapas Bars There are a number of good tapas bars and restaurants at the back of Fuengirola's main square, behind the main post office. This is the website to one of them so you can find it but when you get there you will see that there are a number to choose from. www.casacolon.com
There are also some good tapas bars in Mijas too. Our favourite is Chemis Vonoteca (on trip advisor). Very friendly owner from Barcelona and excellent wine and unique tapas. 952590610
Finally there are plenty more good restaurants – there are a few business cards left by other guests that have tried other places that are good. If you need any help with directions to any of these or other places please call Simon.